Prayas and HRLN, is organising a two day “National Consultation on Using the Law to Guarantee Reproductive & Sexual Health and Rights in India” on 5th and 6th December 2015 at Jaipur, Rajasthan. This consultation is a part of an ongoing initiative of Prayas and HRLN to ensure and advance sexual and reproductive health and rights in the country.
This consultation plans to unite activists, lawyers, human rights experts, development agencies and academician.
The said consultation would aim to understand and build strategies to address core of the problems around sexual and reproductive health and rights. The key objectives of the consultation are to:
- present, examine and deliberate on the current status of reproductive and sexual health of the citizens of India
- appraise the existing policies, programmes, schemes, legislations and international obligations including the covenants and multilateral treaties pertaining to sexual and reproductive health in India
- share the ground realities about the implementation of sexual and reproductive health programmes and activities in India
- discuss and understand the use of laws for promotion of sexual and reproductive health rights.
- evolve a broad plan of action to sensitise and build capacity among judicial and legal fraternity around sexual and reproductive health.
- discuss and understand the legislations related to sexual and reproductive health rights in India
The venue for the consultation is Global Institute of Technology, (GIT) ITS-1&2, IT Park, EPIP, Sitapura, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302022.
Please get in touch with Sarita Barapnda (firstname.lastname@example.org; 09999319530)to register your participation and regarding accommodation as well travel arrangements. Looking forward to receive an early confirmation of your participation.