Batch IV– HRLN Campus Volunteers
(Note: Applications closed. Applications for Batch V will open in March 2015)
List of HRLN Campus Volunteers Batch IV:
- Ninni S. Thomas
- Ankitha Praveen
- Basu Chandola
- Aishwarya Singh
- Harshit Singh Jadoun
- Radhika Agarwal
- Neha Gyamlani
- Ankita Anand
- Shrishti Banerjee
- Surbhi Sharma
- Prayank Jain
- Sarangun Rajeshkumar
- Priyanka Sham Bhatt
- Anurag Goswami
- Raghavi Vishwanath
- Rutuparna Nanda
- Gatta Sambasiva Rao
To further HRLN's mandate, the organisation involves students in its activities through the posts of 'Campus Volunteers' so that the college students of the country get a chance to become a part of the movement for human rights in India.
A pilot phase of the program was launched in February 2012 and 22 volunteers were chosen from colleges all across the country. Along with conducting events like documentary screenings in their campuses and assisting HRLN in its research initiatives, the volunteers also founded India's first student newsletter on human rights, 'Human Rights on Campus
Since then, students from across the country have contributed to and benefited from the program in 2013 and 2014.
- The volunteers will get the unique opportunity of working for human rights cases from their campus on a regular basis involving issues of criminal justice, prisoner's rights, women's rights, environmental protection, slum demolitions, labour rights etc.
- The volunteers get the opportunity to interact with other students interested in human rights from all across the country and abroad through a common platform for the exchange of ideas for human rights activism and research.
- The volunteers get a real world perspective on human rights protection in India through their direct involvement with HRLN's initiatives.
- The volunteers gain research and organisational experience related to human rights balanced against their academic schedule in college.
- The best Campus Volunteers will get an opportunity to apply for the post of National Student Co-ordinator for future batches.
Eligibility: All law students are eligible to apply.
Induction and Orientation:
The selected volunteers are inducted via online workshops and meetings in State Units and the New Delhi/Mumbai Units.
Deadline: 10th December, 2014 [Note : Applications closed]
For any more information, contact,
- Yash S Vijay, Co-ordinator, HRLN Campus Volunteers, HRLN Mumbai.
- Email: hrln [dot] campus [at] gmail [dot] com
- Phone: +91 9699397378