Batch III– HRLN Campus Volunteers
(Call for Volunteers: August – November 2013)
To further HRLN's mandate, the organisation involves students in its activities through the posts of 'Campus Volunteers' so that the college students of the country get a chance to become a part of the movement for human rights in India.
2012: A pilot phase of the program was launched in February 2012 and 22 volunteers were chosen from colleges all across the country. Along with conducting events like documentary screenings in their campuses and assisting HRLN in its research initiatives, the volunteers also founded India's first student newsletter on human rights, 'Human Rights on Campus,' (http://www.humanrightsoncampus.wordpress.com). Spreading awareness and education of human rights issues through dialogues, discussions, seminars, debates etc.
- The volunteers get the opportunity to interact with other students interested in human rights from all across the country and abroad through a common platform for the exchange of ideas for human rights activism and research.
- The volunteers get a real world perspective on human rights in India through their direct involvement with HRLN's initiatives.
- The volunteers gain research and organisational experience related to human rights while moderating their responsibility according to their academic schedule in college.
- The best Campus Volunteers will get an opportunity to apply for the post of National Student Co-ordinator for future batches.
Eligibility: All law students are eligible to apply.
Induction and Orientation:
The selected volunteers are inducted via online workshops and meetings in State Units and the New Delhi Unit.
Deadline: 20th September, 2013
- Email: hrln [dot] campus [at] gmail [dot] com
- Phone: Ninni Susan Thomas, Student Co-ordinator – +91 9772600428
Form of HRLN Campus Volunteers August - November 2013